Tuesday, 12 July 2011


Procedure for change of Name: Major applicant
1. As per Government Order  GO (P) No. 483, GA (General C),
th December, 1977, applicant (Native of Andhra Pradesh)
must file application in 
Annexure 1 to District Magistrate (District Collector)
enclosing following 
documents ( As per circular No. D5/7096/2003
of District Collector 
Hyderabad dated 30-08-2008) : 
a. Two latest passport size colour photograph 
b. Two independent citizenship  certificate issued by Gazetted Officer  
c. Personal sworn and signed affidavit of the applicant on Non – Judicial 
stamp paper of Rs.10/- attested by notary stating exact reason for 
change of his/her name. 
d. Educational certificate from class I to Class Xth attested by Gazetted 
Officer. In case of illiterate person any other proof of his name, age 
such as ration card, voter list, electricity bill, water bill  etc copy 
attested by Gazetted Officer 
e. Certificate from local Police station certifying that the applicant has 
not come to any adverse records during last 5 years. 
f. A certificate from the astrologer/numerologist in case request for 
change for name is on such reasons. 
2. District Magistrate after such enquiry as he think fit, will issue order in a 
Forma as per Annexure II to the applicant. 
3. Applicant then will send another application to Commissioner, Government 
Printing Press along with order of District Magistrate  for publication as 
private advertisement in Andhra Pradesh Gazette on payment of publication 
charges. Publication charges of Rs.50 for weekly Gazette and Rs 375 for 
ExtraOrdinary Gazette Per application can be paid to Commissioner, 
Government Printing Press in shape of Bank Challan or  Demand Draft.  
4. Minor applicant: If applicant is minor, as per Government Order, GO (P) 
No. 332 General Administration (Genl. C) Dept dated  06.06.1983, Parent or 
Guardian of a minor  child can apply for change of name of child in 
Annexure III and by following the procedure indicated for major applicant. 
5. Applicant is a Government servant:  As per Government Order GO (P) 
No. 182, General Administration (General C) Dept dated 24-04-1985, the 
Governmnet servant need not obtain order from District Magistrate in 
annexure II but should execute a Deed as per Annexure IV on Non –Judicial 
stamp paper of Rs. 5/-  attested by two witnesses preferably those known to 
the Head of the office in which Government employee is serving. The Deed 
should be published in prominent local newspaper as well as in Andhra 
Pradesh Gazette at his own cost. Process for publication in  AP Gazette is 
same as that for other applicants.   
Annexure I,II,III& Related GOs

No comments:

Post a Comment